The festive season has arrived, and it is a beautiful time to be jolly. Friends and family members around a table enjoy delicious food and reflect on the year coming to an end.
Spend Christmas enjoying a Black Forest Trifle, a delicious alternative to your average trifle? We found the perfect recipe for you and your family.
Serves about 14 people.
Black Forest Trifle
What do you need?
- 1-litre ready-made vanilla custard
- 200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 packets chocolate flavoured biscuits
- 500g cherries, halved with pits and stems removed
- 75ml kirsch liquor (optional)
- 200g cherries, whole with stems
- 600g double cream
- 400ml crème fraîche
- 50g icing sugar
- Grated chocolate to decorate
How do I make it?
- Place custard and chocolate pieces in a saucepan over low heat. Heat, constantly stirring until the chocolate has melted. Cover with glad wrap and refrigerate to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the crème by lightly whipping the cream with the crème fraîche and icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- In the bottom of a trifle bowl, spoon some of the cream mixtures and then arrange a layer of biscuits on top. Sprinkle biscuits with some of the kirsch and add a layer of cherries and a layer of chocolate custard. Repeat these steps to create layers, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Top with whole cherries and grated chocolate.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- Lightly whip the cream with the crème fraîche and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Chill until ready to serve, then pile on top of the trifle and decorate with grated chocolate and fresh cherries, if you like.
Please look at our Pinterest for more creative ideas and recipes.