What is summer without a Cocktail?
Summer is here; there are no excuses not to make your homemade Cocktail—the perfect drink for a celebration, event, or just relaxing by the pool.
A cocktail is a mixed drink typically made with distilled liquor (such as brandy, cachaça, gin, rum, tequila, vodka, or whiskey) as a base ingredient mixed with other ingredients or garnishes. Then add sweetened liqueurs, wine, or beer, or they can even serve as the base.
A few tips on how to create your perfect Cocktail at home:
- The type of glass you use will be essential. Think about how you will drink the Cocktail.
- Use a one-shot ratio with alcohol to flavouring. Making sure you’re not adding more than one shot of liquor to your mixed drinks will keep you from getting super dehydrated (which means no hangover!). Be careful not to pour too much alcohol in the beginning. Instead, top-up on the end if you feel you need it a bit stronger.
- A cocktail is mainly sweet already. So make sure the fruit juice you use contains 100% real fruit juice to cut down on extra sugar.
- Add whole fruits for visual effects and snacking on after finishing your Cocktail.
- Use fresh herb, a great way to add extra flavour to your cocktails.
Delicious Strawberry Daquiri at Le Pommier Restaurant
We make a delicious Strawberry Daquiri at Le Pommier, and we love to share the recipe with you. Just enough for one person.
25ml Strawberry puree
25ml Strawberry syrup
25ml Lime Cordial
100ml Strawberry juice
One scoop of ice, blended and served in a cocktail glass and garnished with a strawberry.
We would love to see your homemade cocktails! Tag us on social media and use our hashtag, #lovelepommier