Weddings always bring out the worst in all brides. The best way not to overstress is by making a Wedding Checklist — which means no more stress!
The points mentioned on the wedding checklist below needs to be ticked off at least 2 Weeks in advance. The most important arrangement being to ensure your venue is secured and that payment have been done before the due date. Not having secured your venue is a BIG No-No, and will be a catastrophe — adding to your stress levels — if you need to change your venue last minute.
Your Wedding Checklist (14 Days before your wedding):
- ☐ Venue. Make sure the venue payment is made by the due date. Still need to decide? Have a look at these venues: Zorgvliet, MolenVliet and Le Pommier (for more intimate weddings).
- ☐ Minister. One of the things you need to check after securing your venue is your minister. It will be problematic if you do not have a minister to conduct the ceremony.
- ☐ Decor. Wedding decor might just be one of the things that can turn a bride into a Bridezilla. If you’re into DIY and made some of the decor yourself, make sure that everything is sorted, in one place and ready to be delivered to the venue the day before your wedding. (Be sure to look at what decor Goeters and Stellar Decor Hire have to offer.)
- ☐ Photographer. Confirm your photographer and remind them of the time and place of your wedding. Schedule a meeting beforehand to discuss ideas you’ve got for your photos. Photographers we can recommend: Jana Engelbrecht Photography and Photofuzion.
- ☐ DJ/Music. If you asked your guests to select a few songs of their own make sure that you send the list to your DJ.
- ☐ Wedding Cake. Make sure your baker knows what time the cake should be delivered and where.
- ☐ Flowers & Florist. Make sure that the florist knows the time and place for the flower arrangements; confirm the details while ordering the flowers. Okasie and Flowers in the Foyer can always assist.
- ☐ Transport. Confirm the wedding transport (to and from the venue) and times.
- ☐ Hair and make-up. Confirm time of your appointment and everyone that’s joining.
- ☐ Suppliers. Make sure that all your suppliers are aware of the times and wedding location. Have their numbers on hand for when you need to contact them urgently.
- ☐ Speeches. Prepare your wedding speeches and thank you’s — make sure you add the in-laws to the list 🙂 Also confirm readings and speeches with your MC and everyone involved.
- ☐ Conduct Rehearsals. Nothing better than being prepared for the ceremony.
- ☐ Props. If you’ve hired antique cars to capture beautiful pictures with, book it and finalise the times.
- ☐ Accommodation. Make sure accommodation is booked for those who sleep over after the wedding. You can either book with your wedding venue or send your guests details of all guesthouses/hotels in the area, and they can book where they want to sleep over. Le Pommier and Zorgvliet have got beautiful accommodation overlooking the winelands.
- ☐ Bridal Party. Organise a few refreshments for your bridal party at the wedding day photo session. This will loosen them up and make the photo session more fun. How about a bottle of Le Pommier Wine?
- ☐ Honeymoon. The best part of having a wedding may be the honeymoon afterwards. Make a list of what you need to take with and pack it in advance. Haven’t decided yet, why not got to the bush and honeymoon in luxury, see Dinkweng Safari Camp for great options.
- ☐ Wedding Night. Remember to pack for your wedding night.
- ☐ Groom’s Haircut. Remind your husband-to-be to get a haircut and shave before the wedding. You can even book an appointment for him.
- ☐ Cash. Lastly, remember to take cash with for any unexpected last minute items on the day of your wedding.
- ☐ Bachelor’s & Bachelorette’s Parties. Remember to assign this task to the best man and bridesmaid — this is also the opportunity to let them know what you’ve got in mind and what not to do on the day.
Your wedding will be a great success if you’ve ticked the points listed on our wedding checklist. If you’re not up to arranging your own wedding, leave it to the pro’s and get a wedding planner. At Le Pommier Wine Estate, we are very keen to assist with the planning of your Big Day.
Le Pommier Estate offers cosy wineland weddings that cater for a maximum of 80 guests, set in the heart of the Banhoek Valley. Spectacular views that make for memorable weddings, outdoor wedding ceremonies can be held at the swimming pool. Choose from delicious menu options available with wine pairings from the estate’s vines. Get in touch with Le Pommier Wine Estate to book your wedding in the beautiful winelands: email@example.com