“Breakfast is the first meal of the day eaten after waking up, usually in the morning. The word in English refers to breaking the fasting period of the previous night. There is a strong likelihood for one or more “typical”, or “traditional”, breakfast menus to exist in most places, but their composition varies widely from place to place, and has varied over time, so that globally a very wide range of preparations and ingredients are now associated with breakfast.”
We all love a good breakfast! And you know what they say: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
Ever wondered way they say that? Some of the reasons are that breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you burn calories throughout the day. It also gives you the energy you need to get things done and helps you focus at work. Breakfast breaks the overnight fasting period. It replenishes your supply of glucose to boost your energy levels and alertness, while also providing other essential nutrients required for good health.
Getting bored of the usual eggs & bacon or the muesli bowl at home for breakfast? We are here to spice up your breakfast with recipes that we love to make.
SAVOURY WAFFLE (SERVES 1)
80g Bacon, Diced
100g Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 egg medium (poached / fried)
10g Herbs Parsley/Chives, chopped
150ml Waffle Mix
Waffle Mix Ingredients
20g Marvello Butter
140g All Purpose Flour
5g Baking Powder
15g White Sugar
1 egg, medium
70ml Full Cream Milk
2g Fine Salt
- To make the waffle mix. Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. You’ll stir together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until they’re well-combined.
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup, you’ll beat together with a fork the milk and eggs until they’re well-combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently but thoroughly.
- Stir in some melted butter, and then shredded cheddar & Bacon bits with chopped Chives/Parsley.
- Pour the waffle mix in the Waffle machine and Toast waffle till done.
- Top with fried or Poached egg.
- Serve with your choice of Cheese or Hollandaise sauce.
Or you can just stop by Le Pommier Restaurant and we will take care of the breakfast while you enjoy the morning with your family and don’t have to worry about dirty dishes! We are open for breakfast from 08:00 – 11:00, Monday to Sunday. Lots of outside seating under the oak trees in the sunny summer sun.
Book your table by calling us on (0)21 885 1269. Looking forward to welcoming you to the estate!