Here is your winelands to-do list, must-dos when in the winelands:
- Wines Tours – make sure you go for a wine tour which can include touring the cellar, the vineyard and tasting rooms. It is like a behind-the-scenes tour to what’s in the bottle. African Story is a great wine tour option ensuring a memorable day out in the Cape Winelands.
- Eat Out – you won’t find a more comprehensive restaurant list than what’s available in the Cape winelands. Try out the many menus available and enjoy great cuisine paired with the best wines in the country.
- Wine Tasting – You cannot go to the winelands and not go wine tasting. It’s the simplest way to experience different wines offered and to know what to look for when drinking wine. You can taste and buy your favourites which can be couriered to your home.
- Stellenbosch Botanical Gardens – visit one of 1800 botanical gardens world-wide and the oldest university garden in South Africa.
- Picnics –
With the many breathtaking views surrounding the winelands, that’s reason enough for a picnic to be enjoyed. The wine factor also rises picnicking to another level, most wine estates pack really delicious treats in their picnic baskets and the wine will be the best complement.
- Food Markets – The latest craze in any city is food market trotting, find out which markets are on circuit in the winelands and enjoy exploring.
- The Slow Food Market in Stellenbosch comes highly recommended.