If you haven’t tried our Sticky Pork Belly yet — you’ve missed out! A very popular dish at our Le Pommier Restaurant and we just had to share the recipe. It’s very straightforward and you’ll be the talk of the town — guaranteed! 🙂
Le Pommier Sticky Pork Belly Recipe
- 250g Pork Belly
- 150ml Ginger & Syrup Sauce
- 30g Baby Apple (2 apples)
Ginger, Sesame & Syrup Sauce:
- 250ml Soya Sauce
- 20ml Ginger
- 250ml Golden Syrup
- 60ml Lemon Juice
- 20ml Sesame Seeds
Place all the ingredients in a pot, bring the sauce to boil.
- Grill belly for about 15 min in a very hot oven.
- Place pork belly in sauce and cook for 10 min till sauce bubbles and becomes thick like syrup.
- Garnish with baby apple.
- Serve with creamy mash and seasonal veggies.
Sticky Pork Belly pairs perfectly with either a white or red wine. But because of the sweet, spicy notes of the “sticky” sauce used for the pork belly we would advise a Le Pommier Mac – it will enhance the flavours perfectly