Le Pommier Wine Estate
Le Pommier has various activities on offer for you, including a Restaurant, Wine tasting and a play area for the kids. The Restaurant serves breakfast until 11:00 & lunch and dinner afterwards. The Restaurant is open seven days a week and is welcome to all family members.
Wine Tasting of the Le Pommier Wines and wine pairings are also available for adults. Juice & Pizza Pairing available for the kids. The Wine Tasting and Sales are open seven days a week, excluding Christmas and New Year’s.
Cool off in the swimming pool on the hot summer days. The swimming pool is only available to in-house guests.
Free Wi-Fi is available for all guests. Ask a waiter or the lodge manager for the password.
What to do in the Banhoek Area
- Tokara is a modern wine estate situated 1km away from Le Pommier and has a deli and Restaurant. Their wine is available in the wine tasting centre for buying and tasting. Contact: 021 808 5900
- Set on a working wine estate in the heart of the Stellenbosch Winelands lies a unique cult wine producer called Alluvia Specialist Winery. The accommodation offers individually appointed ultra-premium suites and two beautiful self-catering houses, each providing a private location with uninterrupted views of the Banhoek Valley below. A restaurant is also located on the estate. Contact: 079 237 7815
- Delaire Graff is one of the most beautiful wine estates in the Banhoek Valley and worth visiting when you are in the area. They also have lovely gardens and sculptures, if you don’t feel like lunch or a glass of wine. The incredible views provide the perfect backdrop to their outstanding restaurants, state-of-the-art winery, exclusive Lodges, exuberant landscaping, destination Spa and luxury boutiques. Contact: 021 885 8160
- Oldenburg Vineyards is located in the Banghoek Valley (pronounced “bun hook” and meaning “scary corner” due to leopards roaming around in times past) about 8 km from Stellenbosch. At Oldenburg, you can taste their award-winning wine at a stunning tasting room. Accommodation is also on offer if you are looking to stay for an extra few nights. Contact: 021 885 1618
- Seven kilometres outside Stellenbosch in the heart of the Winelands, you will find a place of serenity and ultimate beauty that is known to be Zorgvliet. The wine estate was established in 1692, with over 300 years of knowledge share by the family. Zorgvliet offers a restaurant that also includes picnic’s from September – April. Wine tastings are done in the Original Manor House from Monday – Sunday. Zorgvliet is also a wedding venue, and their accommodation can accommodate up to 36 guests. Contact: 021 885 1399
- MolenVliet Vineyards is a boutique Wine and Guest Estate with panoramic views of the breathtaking surrounding Mountains and Vineyards. The boutique 14-hectare Wine Estate produces some of the finest wines, focussing on quality instead of quantity. The luxury accommodation offers a 5* offering and captures the magnificent views of the Vineyards, Mountains, River and the well-established gardens from almost anywhere on the estate. Enjoy a wine tasting of their award-winning wines. Contact: 021 206 0822
- Neil Ellis is the first wine estate you will find when you enter the Banhoek Valley from the Stellenbosch side. Their wines can be accompanied by a cheese and charcuterie platter and seasonal food fare on the tasting menu to elevate your wine experience. Contact: 021 887 0649
- Founded in 2013 and registered in 2015, the Banhoek Conservancy was established by a group of farmers in an attempt to protect the environment, uplift the community and to re-establish a balance between human activities and nature. The Banhoek Conservancy is located within the Banhoek valley, outside Stellenbosch in the Western Cape, South Africa. The conservancy generates an income by providing well designed, permanently marked off-road tracks so that athletes can hone their performance in beautiful surroundings. Parts of these tracks are regularly used for running, hiking and mountain bike races. Permits will be needed. Contact: 083 325 5840
- Hill Crest Berry Farm is the perfect outing for a sunny Sunday. In their farm shop, you will find freshly picked berries every day during the summer and throughout the year, their full range of frozen berries, jams, dessert toppings, relishes, jellies, berry vinegar, liqueured berries and gifts. Sample their products in the tea garden and Restaurant while enjoying the panoramic view of the mountains across the Banhoek Valley. Contact: 021 885 1629
What to do in Stellenbosch
- In the summer, there’s nothing better than sitting under a waterfall to cool off after a long, rewarding hike. This hike passes through the beautiful Jonkershoek Nature Reserve. Jonkershoek Nature Reserve is located approximately 10 km south-east of the town of Stellenbosch. Contact: 082 467 0405
- The Stellenbosch University Botanical Garden is the oldest university botanical garden in South Africa and boasts a diverse array of plants species, both indigenous and exotic. The Garden is open to the public, and the admission fee is R15. Contact: 021 808 9111
- Stellenbosch’s Village Museum comprises four historic houses that will give you a sense of what it was like to live in Stellenbosch during the 18th and 19th centuries. Open Monday – Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00 and Sunday: 10:00 – 13:00 April – August & 10:00 – 16:00 September – March. They are closed on Christmas Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Contact: 021 887 2937
- Go Strawberry Picking at The Farmers Kitchen on Polkadraai Road Stellenbosch. There is nothing quite like strolling through rows and rows of strawberries with a bunch of friends or family, filling a basket with fresh and delicious produce strawberries. Only available in summer months. Contact: 021 881 3303
- Visit the Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden. In this Garden of private myth, the artist explores the Jungian notion of ‘the wilderness within’. More than 60 sculptures constituting a comprehensive record of his artistic development thus far have been carefully sited along 4 km of paths. The Dylan Lewis Sculpture Garden is situated in Paradyskloof Road, Stellenbosch and is open from Tuesday – Saturday, 09:00 – 17:00. Visits to the Dylan Lewis Studio and Sculpture Garden are by appointment only. Contact: 021 880 0054
- Stay active and visit the Stellenbosch Golf Club. Stellenbosch Golf Club celebrated its centenary in 2004. This is the 4th oldest Golf Club in South Africa, changed from a 9-hole golf course to the current 18-hole championship layout in 1953. This magnificent golf course has hosted some of South Africa’s most prestigious golf tournaments, including the 1999 South African Open and 5 South African Masters tournaments. Contact: 021 880 0103