We don’t know about you, but only hearing the name Le Pommier, already sounds interesting. Sounds so fancy, don’t you think? Talking about the name Le Pommier, did you know that Le Pommier means “The Apple Tree” in French? The Le Pommier Wine Estate that we know today was once a flourishing apple orchard in 1692.
With dating a few 100 years back, Le Pommier Wine Estate has definitely changed a lot over the years and is definitely a wine estate that you should visit when in the Banhoek Valley.
Here are 5 reasons why we think you should visit Le Pommier:
- What will Le Pommier be without its beautiful wines? All the wines are made on the estate. We have Le Pommier Sauvignon Blanc, Le Pommier Rosé, Le Pommier Mac (Cabernet Franc & Malbec Blend), Le Pommier Jonathan’s Malbec and Le Pommier Angle Peur Cabernet Franc. Be sure to follow us on social media for all the latest Food & wine pairings. We also have pairings for the kiddies, so don’t drop them off at grandma, bring them with!
- Views for days! I mean not only the views at Le Pommier overlooking Simonsberg but also your drive to the wine estate. The Banhoek Valley has probably some of the best views here around Stellenbosch. When you have views like this, you know the end destination will be amazing!
- If you’re a Pizza or Burger fan, then Le Pommier Restaurant is the spot for you! Think about Bobotie Pizza or a Trio of Burgers. I mean not one burger, but 3 mini ones! You, my friend, have just landed in paradise! We don’t only have Pizza’s and Burgers but also Breakfast until 11:00.
- You can also look forward to a lovely lunch and dinner menu, including Lamb Shank, Mussels, Malay Chicken Curry and for something sweet, delicious Chocolate Brownies. And again bring the kids along!
- Having a birthday or Baby shower coming up and looking for a place to host you? Look no further! Give us a call and we will put together a package for you that no one can say no to. A Conference Room is also available for those big business meetings at a Half day or Full day price.
Le Pommier also built a new wedding venue located between the vineyards. Looking for a country type of wedding, we got you!
Let’s say you had a little too much wine or a food coma. Le Pommier is here once again to help with a variety of accommodation to suit you and your family’s needs the best. You can choose between Luxury Suites, Self-Catering Units or Country Rooms over-looking the beautiful Banhoek mountains, as well as a dip into the swimming pool, to cool off in the summer heat.
There you have it! Next time you’re looking for a place to drive out for the day or book a weekend away with your loved ones, then Le Pommier is the place for you!