The beginning of the year is always a good time to review your life and think about where you want to go. It’s the perfect time to let go of bad habits or form good ones. Lately New Year’s Resolutions have received some flack from people who feel they don’t matter since you’re going to abandon them even before you start. But I think New Year’s Resolutions are still a good way to put your life into perspective and lay out your goals.
If what you want to do or change is truly meaningful to you, you will follow through with it. Failing at New Year’s Resolutions is also not the end of life, you can always start again. There’s no rule against trying again when you’re digressed into old habits. The idea is to add rich experiences to your life while doing the very best to elevate the quality of your existence.
I’ve compiled a list of things to consider as your New Year’s Resolutions:
- Travel your own country more – South Africa has so many rich travel experiences to indulge you. Explore the Stellenbosch winelands, game lodges and all destinations that are proudly South African. Be sure to put Le Pommier Wine Estate on your itinerary.
- Take better care of your general health – practice all the popular healthy things, exercise, drink more water, get enough sleep and eat a healthier diet.
- Do things that scare you regularly – draw up a list of things that are risqué and tackle them monthly. This will add more thrills in your life and get you out of your comfort zone.
- Do something good for someone – making a difference in someone’s life gives you a natural high. Make sure you include that in your New Year’s Resolutions. Give more, volunteer and donate your time. Matt’s Foundation has a lot of projects you can get involved in.
- Build stronger relationships – make time for your loved ones, create moments to enjoy with your friends and family. At the end of it all this is what will matter the most.
Enjoy the New Year and take it in your stride. Don’t be too hard on yourself; New Year’s Resolutions can be a fun way to start the year.